The Friends accept monetary donations which help provide supplemental library programs and services. All donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Friends of the Library
PO Box 53666
Fayetteville, NC 28305-3666
Or donate to The Library Endowment Fund – a charitable fund that was created at Cumberland Community Foundation, Inc. to support the public library system in Cumberland County forever.
Thank you very much for supporting the Friends of the Library!
The Friends of the Library are now accepting material donations from the public.
Accepted materials include books, CDs and DVDs like new or in good condition. Materials are reviewed for inclusion in the Friends used book sales and possibly for the library collection. Items deemed in poor condition or of little interest will be discarded through a recycling program. All book sale proceeds benefit library programs and services. Donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
- All audio-visual formats including DVD, vinyl records and books on CD
- Magazines should be no more than 3 years old. Accepted magazines include home improvement, home decorating, cooking and all children’s magazines
- Children’s books in good condition
- National Geographic magazines prior to 1960 and after 2015
- All other items in good condition with the following exceptions
We do not Accept
- Foreign Language materials EXCEPT for Dictionaries and Juvenile titles
- Readers Digest Condensed Books or Magazines
- Business, Professional, Industry or News Magazines
- Magazines older than 3 years from current year, except for cooking magazines
- Children’s materials discarded from school libraries
- Materials discarded from law libraries
- VHS or cassette tapes
- Materials discarded from other libraries
Where to Donate
All library locations can accept small donations (the size of a paper grocery bag). For large donations (several boxes of materials) please take to the Headquarters Library – 300 Maiden Lane. Go to the back of the library (parking lot off Ray Avenue) ring the doorbell near the door next to the garage door for library personnel assistance.
Please donate materials during these days and times:
Monday – Friday between 9:30a.m and 3:30p.m.
Note: Please do not leave donations outside the library.